Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dan John changed my life!


I am excited! I watched a video of Dan John a few days ago giving a seminar on O Lifts. He showed that even the stiffest of people can squat, and squat properly down to their heels. I got home that night and tried it - wow, I can squat properly.
If this is not exciting then let me explain. I live in Asia where everyone squats. If you can't squat then going to the toilet is difficult. I have never been able to do this without extreme discomfort and always believed that because i didn't do this as a child and continue on a daily basis that my legs, knees and ankles were no longer capable of squatting - WRONG.

So if you can't sit in a squat or have pain/difficulty in the squat rack then this video is a god send. If front squats or overhead squats are hard then you need to review your approach.

Additionally he explains the RDL properly and how it should feel. In doing them today along with Good Mornings this information really made sense.

I absolutely love the way he explains things, so simple, so clear, no bull shit. Check it out!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6529481301858251744#

2 comments:

  1. Dan John is an awesome coach and weightlifter. Squatting is one of the fundamental things we must do in life to maintain our mobility and, as we get older, our independence. Now that you know you can do it, do it like there's no tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. I've been squatting hard for the past year now but clearly not a full range of motion, looking forward to getting it right and move up the weights accordingly.

    ReplyDelete