Monday, June 1, 2009

for the longest fast


Well here i am at the 24hour point of my 30 hour fast. it was hard yesterday especially in the evening when a meal should have been enjoyed. But i got through - now it's starting to get to me. The staff are all having lunch and i know the cook even has something set aside for me, but i must be strong. If i just get to when they get back from lunch then we can do some work and it will be home time, maybe a coffee on the way and then back for dinner.


Wife is making her special chicken tonight - or as my son calls it 'mummy's chicken' which i can almost taste as i type. Got a few 'you lost weight' comments today and yesterday so that is the only thing keeping me going.
Bad news is that my fat friend has booked the buffet for us when we arrive, he's bringing his family so i can't back out as I've not seen them for so long. after all this work to have 'all you can eat' and free flow wine/beer is not my idea of fun. i guess I'll just have to show them how not to pig out too much while thinking of this as a free day.
i guess this is an example of how other people make you fat, if i was visiting a fit friend i expect they wouldn't even think of the buffet as a meeting place. so i guess i need to focus on fit friends both where i live and where i visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment