Thursday, June 4, 2009

Last Day

Well it's lunch time at the office, all the staff are in the canteen stuffing themselves so i thought i should occupy my time by posting something. Today is the last day before tomorrow morning's visit to the doctor and official final weigh in and photo shoot. Exciting times.

I am now 24 hours into my 30 hour fast. As I've been no-carb for the past week I know that once I'd metabolised the tuna salad I ate yesterday I know that I went straight to burning my own stored fat. I'm guessing that this started about 8pm last night and combined with this morning's workout i can feel the fat being used. This is quite outstanding - although i do not believe you could do this often i am glad I'm doing it today.

Also, Wednesday i weighed in at 96.8 AFTER a 30 hour fast and no carbs. Today after two days of eating a lot and only a few hours of fasting i weighed in at 96.4. Let's hope the trend continues for tomorrow's result.

I have also been reading up on how stress relates to weight gain and more importantly to difficulties losing weight. This does explain why i have a few fat friends that have lost a LOT of weight with Yoga. I mean I know that there is a physical strength element to Yoga but it certainly isn't high calorie burning activity. Reduce the stress and the fat can be used.

So, I am looking for ways to reduce stress. This needs to include all kinds of stress - work, family, exercise, etc. One element I'm changing relates to the half marathon goal, we decided after Thursday's run that we should change the goal, or at least return to the original goal of doing the 10k. What happened to lose our way was that at the first practise we managed the whole 10k and figured that we could build up to 20k. But we have not progressed at all and the half marathon seems more of a challenge with each run. Now it's clear that we can do it but what for? Neither of us want to be 'runners' so we have returned to the 10k goal but work on setting a reasonable time. Best time so far has been 1:05 so getting to under 50 would seem achievable but challenging.

Final thought that is on my mind is how to continue. I mean I have my training schedule all mapped out for the next 16 weeks but how do I stay focused and most importantly continue to lose weight?

I need some ground rules but I'm not sure what. OK, so I have the exercise - TT plus some running plus golf (decided that i will get serious with lessons and practise). Food, needs to be 'logical' but not restrictive so I think we keep the Big Mac concept plus Eat Stop Eat. Then comes alcohol?? This is coming back, is it really the only wild card? if so I must focus on this one.

I'm thinking two free meals a week (based on the 90/10 rule) these could be dinners with work friends or clients during the week or if that doesn't happen just a happy Sunday (like the old days). To keep the calories down i will stick to wine and whisky - wine because i really like it and usually expected to be enjoyed with work friends and the whisky as it has no carbs and is more low carb (plus i liked billy's idea that is was just more manly). Therefore, wine only with dinner - trying to limit the number of glasses, then if things kick on just stick with a glass of ice occasionally adding whisky. If I've already done that twice for the week then i decline any further offers, if i don't do it at all then i can make Sunday a good food/wine day. Wow, i think that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment