Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Rules and Regulations


Well, it's now 5 days since I completed my 12 week challenge, started drinking again and went overseas. I thought I was doing well until just now when I wrote the last sentence. 5 days only, i feel like I've been on a roller coaster of binge drinking and pigging out for a month - only five days, holy @#$%


Today i weighed in at 98.5kg a total of 2.5kg (5.5 lb) in just 5 days. So, what did i do - many things but let's just look at the bad. After the doctors and a workout on day 1 i had a meal at the Irish pub with three pints of Guinness. Then i had wine with dinner, lots of crap'n cheese. Took it reasonably easy as i had to get up at 5 for the airport. (let's say 2,500 extra calories)


Day 2 was plane food, didn't eat it all and on arrival had a late meal of pork and rice (high cal obviously) at about 5pm. Later beer beer and wine before joining some friends at another bar for whisky and a late meal of sate. (let's say 2,500 extra calories)


Day 3 woke in hotel and had too much b'fast (not as much as fat Chris would have had but much more than usual these days). We had a reasonable lunch but some greasy appetisers so still up on that. Then dinner was over the top - soup, steak, wine, brandy, beer, whisky, beer, vodka,...(I'm guessing about 3,000 extra cals on that day)


Day 4, woke late, had a smaller b'fast and coffee, no real lunch. Then back at hotel i met my fat friend and we had a work out together - that was great. Then beer, beer, beer, white wine white wine before buffet dinner. didn't eat too much at dinner but had a fair few red wines. (I'd say only about 1,500 cals over the top).


Day 5 was travel home day, i made it fast day ESE. That worked well and even better than i thought it would. Not having the crap on the plane was really nice. Got back and went for middle eastern food which is healthy - had some chocolate when i got home that I'd got for the wife duty free (I'd say about 1,000 down from a normal day)


so, the total is 5,500 extra calories. they say that 3,500 equals 1 lb so let's call this 2. the rest is what we call 'BS Weight' and i contribute this to the following reasons - i pushed my weight down unrealistically for a good weigh in on Saturday, the returning glycogen holds more water, last nights meal was super salty making me hold even more water (was thirsty all night) and I've started doing a new workout programme that has my muscles really hurting (swollen). Altogether 5.5 lb makes sense.


Now the above is not meant to be excuses but in light of the facts the change is not too bad, i should not lose sight of my goals and keep at it. My current goal is to hit 94kg before i leave for my holiday. Let's see how i do at my offical weigh in on Monday.


Final note on alcohol. this has been an interesting experience, firstly going so long without and then spending a few days binging. i now have a final plan for this to take me to the end of the year - this is a big one. Never Wake with a Hangover Again (until Christmas) i can drink and i can drink what i like but it should not be crap for the sake of it and must stop before i get to the point where i will wake with a hangover.


No comments:

Post a Comment