Thursday, July 16, 2009

Great Workout

I didn't do anything yesterday. I got dressed for a run and took the car the the service centre, the plan was to run around the park on the way home. But firstly the whole dropping off the car for service took way longer than expected and secondly as i was scheduled to play golf in the evening i got lazy and decided to just walk home - did run across the road though.


Once i got to work i realised that i would need to work all evening and wouldn't be able to join the golf. So a day of nothing. Plus i had a really big lunch - buffet style so today i really need to do some damage control.

This morning was lower body so i thought that rather than working my legs in resistance and then working them again in intervals that I'd try a more upper body interval programme. This is what i cam up with:
  • 30 seconds thrusters with dumbbells
  • 60 seconds dumbbell swings (30 each side)
  • 30 seconds jumping jacks
  • 60 seconds rest then repeat 6 times.

Started out easy and i thought i might need heavier weights or longer intervals. But after three sets i was near collapse - i guess the workout was not so upper body as whole body and i was fatigued from the resistance. I did four sets, next time will do five and then six. i want to work up to 6 sets with 20lb weights before moving onto a new format.

I'm fasting today which is good, i can feel my body trying to recover from the workout and as there is no food in the system the fat is burning - burn baby burn.

I'm feeling really fit, strong and healthy this week. I've had many comments about my shape - much more than at the end of the 12 weeks even though I'm about 3 kgs heavier than i was then. I guess composition has changed a fair bit since then as I've really worked hard. I can seriously feel a reduction in my man boobs which I'm very happy about. However i have a long way to go and need to keep off the booze, ESE as much as i can and just avoid fat food.

How i manage over the weekend will be critical for a good weigh-in on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment