Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Heavy


Yesterday, thinking about my workouts and something I'd read on the net, I decided that I needed to go heavier today for my workout. They say that progress is what we must push for at each workout and it feels like I've been stuck with the same old weight for each exercise these past few weeks. So as this is the last week before I change the exercises again I thought it's best to pump it up and see what progress I can make.


Also, as today was the workout that comes after a 'fast day' i have been concerned that i don't have as much energy for those workouts - this was time to put that theory to rest.
Good news all round. I really pushed up the weight - today was lower body day. Squats, lunges, calf raises and abs. Everything with about 20-30lbs more than last week. i had expected that if i didn't complete all reps that would be OK - it was really hard but fun thing was i could squeeze out all the reps for all the sets - even the heavy ones.
Abs was the finale! I am using the decline sit up table set to the highest and holding a 35lbs weight (previously only 10). Again i got all reps out for all sets - i felt like a champion (most of the people probably thought I was a dick with all the huffing and puffing but i don't care)

No comments:

Post a Comment